Function / Department: Licensing and Marketing Dept
Reports to: Licensing and Marketing Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Leeds Office
Smiffys (R H Smith and Sons) are a global business with a strong family heritage. The company supplies over 8000 products covering costumes, wigs and accessories through a network of independent retailers, wholesale, key accounts and direct to consumer through a strong web presence.
Developing innovative and relevant, new and existing license branded products to increase competitive advantage, improve profitability and revenue.
To ensure effective development timelines and visibility of critical path, you will be responsible for updating internal stakeholders primarily for National Accounts on key Licenses, including Disney.
As first point of contact with external stakeholders you will be required to attend presentations and meetings with external and internal stakeholders, to ensure effective lines of communication and to foster good relationships with licensors.
Key Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Manage the Product Development process for License Products
- Oversee product set-up administration, including pricing and forecasting, approvals and critical path
- Liaise with Head of Design and Account Managers to initiate product development plans
- Carry out regular sales & range reviews, competitor analysis and market research
- Provide target prices to factories / design and liaise with sample room
- Brief packaging and marketing elements into graphics
- Managing the license approvals and day-to-day communication with external stakeholders to include submission of all elements of the PD process for approval to the licensors – concept/ sample/ packaging/ marketing
- Support the merchandising and production team with critical path and monitor progress through to delivery
- Plan and attend when necessary, photoshoots, including image selections and briefs for retouching
- Work collaboratively with all relevant departments when developing and launching new branded products (Sales, Art, Technical, Purchasing, Marketing)
- Ensure key licenses are promoted
- Design (TBA), Graphics, Technical, Purchasing, Commercial, Sales
Metrics / KPI’s
- Achieving KPI’s set for your product categories (maintain / increase sales and margins, grow volume)
- Improved development timelines and launching product on-time
- Greater visibility and promotion of licensed products
- Improved relationships and effective communication with external stakeholders
Key Skills / Experience / Attributes
- Must be competent at project management with an ability to provide workable solutions
- Must be able to work collaboratively across the teams
- Need to be creative and passionate about product development with a flair for design
- Strong communication skills are required to foster relationships with all stakeholders
- A minimum of five years previous experience in a similar PD role with experience working on license products
Other Role Requirements
- UK and overseas travel will be necessary from time to time.
- Evening and weekend working may be required during trade shows and events