Reporting to: – Product and Marketing Director
Creative Party are one of the UK’s leading manufacturers and distributors of Partyware, Balloons and Cake Decorations, offering fast selling lines and a growing range of products into the retail and wholesale trade. We are a privately-owned family business, established back in 1953 as Anniversary House. Anniversary House still specialises in cake decorations and all our Sugarcraft is made in the UK at our head office.
The company is growing and successful and as such there has been a recent restructure at senior level leading to a career opening for a talented and ambitious Product and Marketing professional.
If you love marketing and love the idea of managing a range of party and cake decorating products – we would LOVE to hear from you.
A broad and exciting role encompassing two key areas: –
- Product Management – The direct management of all aspects of the company’s product portfolio, including managing the development of products at all stages of the product life cycle.
- Marketing management – The direct management of all online and offline marketing of the products and company overall.
This role will include line management responsibility after the initial training period.
- Manage the company’s brands, ensuring they truly reflect the corporate values of products with innovative and attractive designs, great value for money, and excellent quality.
- Manage all the design, quality, pricing, packaging, and marketing materials including brochures, POS and display equipment of all product ranges, ensuring they are right for the company’s target consumers and retail channels, and will achieve or exceed the company’s sales and margin targets.
- Manage all marketing strategies ensuring they will cost effectively help to optimise sales and build brand credibility and value.
- Ensure our sales team and all our customers receive the highest standard of support.
- Ensure the Product and Marketing Department plays a key role in achieving great teamwork and productivity throughout the entire business
Note: Shortlisted applicants will receive a full copy of the detailed Job Description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years recent experience of product management and marketing in a B2B and consumer products environment, ideally in a related industry.
- A minimum of 1 years experience of line managing direct reports.
- Passion for the party products industry and be a lover of all things cake and baking!
- Excellent English skills – particularly for copy writing and proofing purposes.
- An exceptionally keen eye for detail (‘eagle-eye’ we call it!) and be highly organised.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, particularly advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Commercial flair, sound judgement and exceptional implementation skills.
- A sound grasp of financial issues including margin, cost and logistics. Numeracy is key!
- An approachable, co-operative and flexible, and ‘can do’ attitude with strong team leading skills.
- A keen interest in and understanding of the latest trends, social media, popular culture. A real flair for all things creative and an ‘eye for design’.
- Must be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ to meet deadlines and to make a positive, hands-on difference during very busy periods.
- Driving licence and own transport required for market research and trade shows.
- Experience of managing worldwide supplier/factory relationships, especially Far East suppliers.
- Experience working with ecommerce platforms.
- Recent experience of product technical compliance, and responsible sourcing.
- Knowledge of the following is preferable:
- Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign.
- Sage 200
- Higher education in a marketing discipline.
In return for your hard work:
- 23 days holiday exclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Free parking
- Company pension scheme
- Social events
- Access to Staff Sample ‘Freebies’
- Salary: DOE
If you are the perfect person for this position, please apply with a CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations as well as current salary by the 4th May 2018.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide individual feedback on your application. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.