Invitations to take part in the free to attend, CPD-accredited course extended to retailers from Europe as well as the UK for the first time.
From today (31 March), retailers are invited to apply for a place on Brand Licensing Europe’s 2021 Retail Mentoring Programme.
With the organisers offering a fully virtual as well as hybrid option this year, invitations to take part in the free to attend, CPD-accredited course are being extended to retailers from Europe as well as the UK for the first time.
The BLE Retail Mentoring Programme is now in its 11th year and retailers from Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Selfridges, Halfords, Asda George, Ann Summers, River Island, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Toymaster, The Entertainer and Morrisons are among hundreds of alumni.
Delivered through a series of seminars, workshops and 1-2-1 consultancy sessions, the 2021 BLE Retail Mentoring Programme schedule includes:
- May: One-hour introductory meeting (virtual)
- 17 – 18 June, over two half-days: Licensing Essentials Course delivered by Licensing International (virtual)
- June: The option to virtually drop into Max Publishing’s Licensing Awards judging day and cast a vote
- August-October: Spend around 2.5 hours on a personalised brand owner experience day (live and/or virtual)
- 5 November: Half-day Licensing for Retail seminar (live/virtual)
- 17-19 November: VIP admission to Brand Licensing Europe, where retailers can spend up to three days at Europe’s leading licensing event (live/virtual).
“We come across branded consumer products everyday – from V&A notebooks to Pokémon backpacks – but it’s not always obvious how brands can help to drive footfall and create additional revenue for retailers,” commented Anna Knight, vp of licensing at Informa Markets. “The Retail Mentoring Programme offers European retailers the chance to better understand every aspect of brand licensing and provides them with all the tools needed to successfully get branded consumer products onto store shelves.
“With the growing importance for retailers to stand-out, the programme covers everything from identifying new trends, finding and securing the right partners and suppliers, and driving a great customer experience through branded products. It means so much to us that we’ve been able to support over 400 retailers on the programme over the last 11 years, and we’re really excited we can now welcome European retailers to join us for 2021.”
Applications will remain open until Friday 28 May.